This page provides access to information about the structure and operations of the department, with links to key reporting documents and to information on career options and employment benefits.
Watch the department’s corporate video
On this page
- Our work
- Key people and organisational structure
- Accountability and reporting
- Contact us
The department has four main areas of focus.
- Transforming the structure of telecommunications.
- Switchover to digital television and enhancing the broadcasting sector.
- Realising the digital economy.
- Enabling a good consumer experience.
Read more about these activities in the department's Corporate Plan document.
Key people and organisational structure
Find the responsibilities of senior executive staff and see how operational areas of the department are grouped.
Accountability and reporting
The links below provide access to a range of resources with detailed information on different aspects of administration of the department.
- News and events
- Client Service Charter
- Annual reports
- Complaints Handling Policy
- Australian Government Budget
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Incoming government brief
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Department Contracts Senate Order
- Reporting requirements and reviews
- Work Health and Safety Policy Statement
- File listing
- Department's archive website
Find details of current vacancies and graduate recruitment activities and how to apply, and the benefits of employment with the department.
Details of contracted service providers that deliver a range of departmental services are published in accordance with the government's Competitive Tendering and Contracting initiative.
How to email or otherwise contact the department or the Minister, and information on how to access the holdings in the department's library.