Digital economy consultation paper
The third phase of the Australian Government's consultations as part of developing the Australia's Digital Economy: Future Directions paper involved the release of a consultation draft that invited industry and other stakeholder comment. The consultation draft was released in December 2008 and comments were requested by 11 February 2008.
The consultation draft sought targeted input on specific implementation steps for Government and industry in relation to the themes that had been identified through the Digital Economy workshops and Forum and discussed via the Digital Economy blog. These topics included:
- Building world class digital infrastructure.
- Developing Australia's knowledge and skills base.
- Commercialising digital innovations.
- Ensuring Australia's regulatory framework enables the Digital Economy.
- Growing local and sustainable online content.
- Promoting a digitally inclusive society.
- Digital Economy and the Environment.
- Government leading by example.
The consultation draft is available below:
- Digital Economy Future Directions Consultation Paper
- Digital Economy Future Directions Consultation Paper (PDF, 182.8 KB)
- Digital Economy Future Directions Consultation Paper (RTF, 2.7 MB)
Over 110 submissions were received. Those submissions for which permission was received by the Department for public release are now available from the submissions page.
Information from the submissions were taken into consideration in developing the Australia's Digital Economy: Future Directions paper.